Who We Are: The Great Start Collaborative of Montcalm County is made up of community leaders, business owners, charitable and faith-based organizations, health and human service agencies, educators and parents.
The Purpose: To promote a Great Start for every child in Montcalm County… Healthy, Eager and prepared to succeed in school and life.
- To be a resource in Montcalm County for parents of children 0-5 years old.
- Provide Opportunities for networking and training to preschool providers.
- Educate parents and care providers on important areas of development.
- Promote healthy and safety habits for young children.
- Create better coordination of 0-5 services in our county.
Our Focus Committees:
- Parent Leadership – Educating parents so that they can provide a great start for their children, hosting events to help parents connect with each other and empowering parents to advocate for their children.
- Family Support – Working within the community to provide supports for families with young children.
- Family Wellness – Distributing information, promoting community resources and hosting events that encourage healthy and safe lifestyles.
- Early Care & Education – Reaching out to parents and child care providers to provide information about proper development, education resources and community supports.